Loading Shovel Operator
An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Loading Shovel Operator to join a well-established company based in Brandon!
Reporting to the Team Leader and working closely with other staff, the jobholder is to drive the loading shovel to load vehicles and fixed plant with aggregate and manage the aggregate stock piles, whilst being responsible for housekeeping around the site.
Other duties will include the cleaning and minor maintenance of both the loading shovel and the aggregate screening plant. Proactively taking responsibility for themselves, to follow instructions and procedures, without constant supervision and with due regard to safety and operational requirements, to ensure full compliance with all legal and operational requirements.
This can be physically demanding role, to assist the Team Leader to carry out daily, weekly and monthly tasks as detailed in the site manuals. To help shift teams with production in during difficult times such as staff shortages.
• Ensuring the plant is continually fed with aggregates, driving mobile plant and carry out cleaning and minor maintenance.
• Manage and load incoming and outgoing aggregates.
• Feed, operate and maintain the aggregate screening plant and report any issues that may arise.
• To work in an efficient and productive manger, without the need for continual direct supervision.
• To assist the Team Leader to ensure that all daily, weekly, and monthly stock control us controlled and monitored.
• Maintain a high level of awareness within the Plant for Health, Safety, Welfare and Security matters and in this respect to lead by example and take a pro-active approach.
• Provide cover for the Quality Control Technician as and when necessary.
• To ensure the plant and site are maintained in a clean and tidy condition including cleaning of mixers and confined spaces using tools such as pneumatic hammers.
• Willingness to undertake training and learn new skills, required for efficient operations, such as plant operation, plant maintenance, first aid, materials testing etc.
• Carry out any other duty required by the Site Manager.
Key Skills / Experience:
• Competent with appropriate qualifications in the operation of front-end leaders.
• Confident communicator, both written and verbal.
• Mechanically minded, practical with a good attitude to housekeeping and cleanliness.
• Demonstrable experience of taking responsibility at work and excellent reliability.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• Experience within a manufacturing site, ideally the waste, aggregates or concrete environment.
• Ability to offer ideas and thoughts for discussion to promote improvements in the process.
• Formally trained in Health & Safety Environmental.
Working Hours: Primary 37.5 hours/week 06:00:14:00,14:00:22:00 Monday to Friday with a half hour unpaid break
This is a full-time position and in return the company is offering a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have the relevant skill/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|