£25,500 per annum
An excellent opportunity for an experience CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator to join a well-established engineering company based in Skelmersdale!
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine using the most efficient method; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Plan machining by studying work orders, materials, specifications, drawing, reference planes, locations of surfaces, machine parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
• Programming lathes by entering instructions, including zero reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches, calculating requirements including basic maths, geometry and trigonometry, proving part programs
• Load feed mechanism by lifting materials into position
• Verifying settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample workpieces, adhering to required standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunction.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Will be required to operate our Nakamura WT-250 machines (Fanuc controls).
Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Attention to Detail, Judgment. Good housekeeping.
Hours of Work:
Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 17:00.
Friday 08:00 - 13:00.
Salary: £25,500 Per Annum
If you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
£25,500 per annum
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|